A simple tasty curry is a nourishing meal at any time of the year. Packed with anti-inflammatory herbs and spices and gut-friendly fibre, this dish supports digestive and immune health.
Ingredients – serves 2
- ½ tbsp coconut oil or ghee
- ½ tspn fenugreek seeds
- ½ tspn ground cumin
- ½ tspn ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1 clove garlic
- 2 cm piece of root ginger, finely chopped
- 1 onion, diced
- 2-3 cupped handfuls of chopped mixed vegetables – carrots, sweet potato, courgette, pumpkin/squash, fennel, peas
- 1 can coconut milk
- Fresh coriander leaves and flaked almonds for garnish
- Melt the coconut oil or ghee in a large pan.
- Add the spices, garlic, and ginger and cook for 1 minute.
- Add the diced onion, stir well and simmer, being careful not to let it burn (if the fat gets too hot add a few drops of warm water to bring the temperature down).
- Once the onion is softened, add the chopped vegetables and coconut milk.
- Simmer until cooked.
- Serve with brown rice or quinoa.
- Garnish with coriander leaves and flaked almonds.