If you’re suffering with digestive symptoms and eating a restricted diet, it can be hard to know what to eat, especially for breakfast. A breakfast smoothie bowl can be an easy and filling option that ticks all the boxes for your dietary requirements.
This recipe is completely grain-free and uses coconut milk rather than dairy milk. However, any non-dairy milk can be used if you don’t like coconut.
It contains collagen powder which supports a healthy gut lining.
The chia seeds contain soluble fibre which feed good bacteria in the gut and help to calm down erratic bowel movements.
Ingredients: serves 2
- 350 ml coconut milk
- 110 g frozen mix of raspberries, strawberries and blueberries
- 60 ml melted coconut oil
- 2 scoops of collagen protein powder
- 2 tablespoons chia seeds
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tsp tsp of pure monk fruit powder or 1 tablespoon of honey
Place all the ingredients in a blender or food processor and blend until smooth.
Serve in bowls with your favourite toppings, if desired. Will keep in the fridge for up to 3 days.
- Unsweetened shredded coconut
- Crushed walnuts or almonds
- Mint leaves
- Hulled hemp seeds
- Fresh berries of choice