As the flu season approaches, it's important to increase your nutrient intake to support your immune system.
This immune system supporting juice contains carrot, grapefruit, ginger, turmeric and mango. It's rich in vitamin C and anti-inflammatory compounds which help your immune system work optimally.
- Known mostly for its anti-nausea properties, ginger also contains more than 100 compounds that are still being explored for their use in human health.
- Gingerols and other substances in ginger have anti-microbial, antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties.
- Rich in the plant-based form of vitamin A known as beta-carotene.
- Vitamin A regulates cell division in the body, supporting immune cells to respond appropriately to infection.
- Vitamin A additionally supports the mucosal layers that act as a first line of immune defence in the respiratory and intestinal tracts.
- Is a bright yellow plant spice which is closely related to ginger.
- It has been extensively researched due to its antioxidant, anti-inflammatory, anti-microbial, anti-parasitic, wound healing and anti-cancer properties.
- Curcumin, the active component in turmeric is poorly absorbed in the gastrointestinal tract but absorption can be increased by consuming it with fat and with piperine, a compound found in black pepper.
- 2 x peeled grapefruits
- 4 x large carrots
- 2 x cups of chopped mango
- 1 x inch cube of ginger
- ¼ teaspoon ground turmeric
- Pinch of black pepper
Simply process the grapefruit, mango, carrots and ginger in a juicer and stir in the turmeric.
Serves 2. Enjoy!