Delicious and simple-to-make slow-cooked lemon chicken with vibrant greens
This healthy lemon chicken recipe provides plenty of zinc, choline, B-vitamins, l-arginine, and vitamin C – key nutrients to support energy levels and sexual wellbeing.
- 2 chicken breasts
- 1/3 cup of freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- Black pepper and sea salt
- 3 handfuls of mixed green salad leaves
- 1 small head of broccoli, chopped
- ¼ cup salad dressing of choice
Optional sides: warm ciabatta / sweet potato wedges / baked potato / quinoa / brown rice
- Preheat slow cooker.
- Whisk together the lemon juice and olive oil, adding a pinch of sea salt and black pepper if desired.
- Place the chicken breasts in the slow cooker and drizzle the lemon oil mixture on top.
- Cook on ‘Low’ for 5 hours until the meat shreds easily with a fork.
- Once the chicken is ready, lightly steam the broccoli until cooked but still firm.
- Mix the salad leaves and broccoli, add the salad dressing, and serve with shredded chicken and optional sides.