This smoothie recipe will give you a much-needed energy boost when you're struggling to keep going in the afternoon!
The ingredients contain stacks of nutrients carefully selected to combat stress, fatigue and brain fog, such as iron, magnesium, calcium, B vitamins, vitamins C, D and E and omega 3 essential fatty acids, along with plenty of fibre and antioxidants. Maca root powder also has adaptogenic properties to help regulate the stress response.
- 1 pear
- 2 large handfuls of spinach
- 1 handful of raw almonds
- ½ tablespoon ground flaxseeds
- ½ tablespoon ground chia seeds
- 1 teaspoon maca root powder
- 150ml unsweetened almond milk
- Place all ingredients into a blender with a few ices cubes and blend until you achieve your desired consistency.
- Serve and enjoy!!
- Use a coffee grinder for an easy and convenient way to grind your flaxseeds for the ultimate freshness and nutritional benefits.
- This makes a great breakfast smoothie when you're short on time in the morning, or you can take it to work ready to enjoy mid-afternoon.