Vitamins for Circulation
Supplements for Circulation
Do you suffer with poor circulation and wonder if there are any ways to support healthy blood flow? Poor circulation can be associated with many health conditions, including diabetes, heart disease and stroke.
Many people can significantly improve their circulation naturally through dietary changes, nutritional supplements, exercise, stress reduction and other lifestyle changes.
Key Foods for Circulation
Key nutrients which can support healthy blood include iron, folic acid, vitamin B12, vitamin A, vitamin C, B vitamins and vitamin E. Include these foods in your diet:
- Dark green leafy vegetables: spinach, kale, beet greens, chard and rocket provide a good source of iron, folic acid, vitamin A, vitamin C. vitamin E and B vitamins.
- Red meat and organ meats: good quality animal meat and offal (such as liver or kidney) are a rich source of iron, folic acid, vitamin A, vitamin B12 and other B vitamins.
- Eggs: provide a good source of vitamin B12, folate, iron, vitamin A, vitamin E and other B vitamins.
- Berries: strawberries, blackberries, blueberries and blackcurrants contain good amounts of vitamin C, one of nature’s most powerful antioxidants.
Which Supplements Can Support Circulation?
Here are the top nutrients to consider when looking for supplements to support circulation:
- Vitamin B12
- Coenzyme Q10
- Vitamin C
Top Tips on Buying Supplements for Circulation
- Iron bisglycinate is a highly absorbable form of iron which is better tolerated by those with sensitive digestive systems.
- When looking for vitamin C, choose the ascorbate form rather than ascorbic acid, as this is gentler on the stomach.
- CoQ10 (or coenzyme Q10) is essential for energy production and has antioxidant properties to support circulation. If you take statins you should consider supplementing with CoQ10, as they block the pathways involved in CoQ10 production in the body.
Nutritional Therapy Support For Circulation
Work with a registered Nutritional Therapist for a personalised nutrition and diet plan, tailored to your specific health requirements. For one-to-one support with circulation and to book a consultation, head over to our expert page here: https://www.vitaminology.co/consultations
- Vitaminology1 min readVenison steak meal to support healthy circulation and blood flow.Annette James
- Vitaminology3 min read
How To Support ThrombosisHow to manage deep vein thrombosis and blood clots with simple nutrition and lifestyle changes.Annette James
- Vitaminology2 min read
Lifestyle Tips To Improve Your Blood Flow And CirculationWhat are the signs of poor circulation, and are there any tips for better circulation?Annette James