Vitamins for Children's Health
Supplements for Children’s Health
Are you wondering how you can support your child’s growth and development? Children can sometimes be fussy eaters, so it’s important to make sure they are getting the nutrients they need.
Providing good nutrition through diet and supplementation can provide your child with lifelong benefits and reduce their risk of disease later in life.
Key Foods for Children’s Health
Children should be encouraged to avoid processed and sugary foods which are low in nutrients. Instead opt for these nutrient-dense foods:
- Good quality red meat, eggs, fish, poultry, dairy, tofu, beans, nuts and pulses: rich sources of protein to provide energy to promote healthy growth and development.
- Oily fish (ie, salmon and mackerel), nuts and seeds: these healthy fats provide calcium for healthy bones and omega 3 essential fatty acids to support healthy brain function. They can also reduce inflammation, particularly in those with allergies.
- Citrus fruits, strawberries, watercress, kiwi, peppers, tomatoes and broccoli: provide powerful antioxidants and a good source of vitamin C, essential for good immune function to help fight infections (like colds and flu) and reduce the risk of allergies. Also good for bone health.
- Brown rice, brown pasta, wholemeal bread: along with plenty of vegetables and fruits, these provide nutrient-dense fibre, to promote regular bowel movements and a healthy gut.
Which Supplements Can Support Children’s Health?
- Vitamin C
- Vitamin D
- Omega-3 essential fatty acids
Top Tips on Buying Supplements for Children’s Health
- You can supplement with omega 3 in the form of fish oil, or a vegan alternative derived from marine algae.
- Choose a good quality children’s multi-nutrient supplements which is specifically designed to provide all essential vitamins and minerals for healthy growth and development.
- Opt for baby or child-specific supplements which are dosed accordingly, and consider which form might be easier for your child to take. There are many options including gummies, liquid, capsules or powders.
Nutritional Therapy Support For Children’s Health
Work with a registered Nutritional Therapist for a personalised nutrition and diet plan, tailored to your specific health requirements. For one-to-one support with Children’s Health and to book a consultation, head over to our expert page here: https://www.vitaminology.co/consultations
Children's Health Products
Children's Health Articles
- Vitaminology1 min readMagnesium to support your child's development and how to supplement magnesium in children.Editorial Team
- Vitaminology2 min read
How Much Sugar Can Children Have Each Day?What is the maximum sugar recommended daily intake for children and how does too much affect their health?Sally Duffin
- Vitaminology2 min read
Will My Child Outgrow Asthma?Childhood asthma, how to manage it and how to help your child grow out of it.Melanie Dixon