Vitamins for Teen Health
Supplements for Teen Health
Are you struggling with teen health issues like headaches, period pains, acne or low mood? These are all common issues for teenagers, often as a result of fluctuating hormones, stress, diet and lifestyle.
Many teenagers can improve their physical and mental well-being by changing their eating habits, improving diet, exercising and lifestyle changes.
Key Foods for Teen Health
Nutrients which can support healthy growth, development and hormone balance include: protein, iron, zinc, magnesium, calcium, B vitamins, vitamin C, vitamin D and omega-3 fatty acids. Include these foods in your diet:
- Oily fish: eating salmon, mackerel, sardines or herrings once or twice a week provides a good source of omega-3 fatty acids, iron, zinc, magnesium, vitamin D and some B vitamins.
- Red meat and poultry: good quality animal meats provide a rich source of iron, zinc and B vitamins.
- Dark green leafy vegetables: kale, spinach, rocket, beet greens and Swiss chard contain magnesium, calcium, iron, zinc, vitamin C and B vitamins.
- Berries: strawberries, raspberries, blueberries, blackberries and blackcurrants provide a rich source of vitamin C.
- Nuts and seeds: a small handful of nuts and seeds daily contains good levels of magnesium, zinc, iron, calcium, omega-3 fatty acids.
Which Supplements Can Support Teen Health?
- Omega-3 fatty acids
- Vitamin C
Top Tips on Buying Supplements for Teen Health
- When choosing omega-3 supplements, you can opt for a fish oil or, if you prefer a vegan source, look for supplements derived from algae oil.
- For vitamin C, opt for the ascorbate form of supplements rather than ascorbic acid, as this is gentler on the stomach.
- Magnesium glycinate or magnesium citrate are the most bioavailable forms of magnesium supplements.
Nutritional Therapy Support For Teen Health
Work with a registered Nutritional Therapist for a personalised nutrition and diet plan, tailored to your specific health requirements. For one-to-one support with teen health and to book a consultation, head over to our expert page here: https://www.vitaminology.co/consultations
Teen Health Products
Teen Health Articles
- Vitaminology8 min readKey nutrients to hack sleep, stress and cognitive performance.Caroline Hind
- Vitaminology5 min read
How To Survive The Summer Holidays - Tips For Toddlers To TeensKeep your children happy and healthy with these simple nutrition and lifestyle hacks.Sally Duffin
- Vitaminology3 min read
What's The Best Diet To Help Period Pain In Teenage Girls?How vitamin D, calcium, zinc and iron in the diet may help period pain for teenage girls.Melanie Dixon